All the news that's fit to sip
Whether it rings a bell or not, you’ll be able to celebrate the German festival right here in Austin next Saturday, May 31 for the second annual Maifest at Saengerrunde Hall.
The event will feature craft beer tastings from 11 Texas breweries offering up their takes on traditional German and European styles, music from Czech Melody Masters, Los Kolaches, Off the Grid and Sour Bridges, and food available to purchase from neighboring Scholz Garten.
Attendees will also have access to Saengerrunde’s rooftop biergarten and bowling alley during the festivities, and Bitch Beer will be on-site selling copies of our book, “Austin Beer: Capital City History on Tap,” which tells the story of Austin’s German brewing heritage, through to our current day craft breweries.
Here’s the beer list for the event:
- Austin Beerworks: Heisenberg (German-style Kristallweizen)
– Circle Brewing: EPIC Hop Bock (combines the styles of a German Helles Bock with an American IPA)
– Karbach Brewing Co.: Love Street (Kölsch-style)
– Grapevine Craft Brewery: Monarch (Pale Wheat Ale)
– Hops & Grain: Alt-eration Ale (German-style Altbier)
– Independence Brewing: Independence Pale Ale
– Live Oak Brewing: Schwarzbier (opaque black lager)
– Real Ale Brewing: Hans Pils (German Pilsner)
– Pedernales Brewing: Lobo Negro (Munich Dunkel Lager) & Classic Hefe-Weizen
– Rahr & Sons Brewing: Summertime Wheat (Hefeweizen)
– Saint Arnold Brewing: Santo (black Kölsch-style)
The festival benefits Foodways Texas, an organization that preserves, promotes and celebrates Texas’s diverse food cultures. It runs Saturday, May 31 from 1-7 pm (RAIN or SHINE). Tickets are $25 Advance / $35 Door / $20 Members.
Bitch Beer is giving away two pairs of tickets to the festival!
Comment below sharing you Twitter handle, and telling us why you’d like to attend Maifest, and we’ll announce our two randomly selected winners Tuesday, May 27 via Twitter.